Send us your Modern Love rejects!
Now through January 24 we are accepting submissions of your tales of true love that were previously submitted—and rejected!—by The New York Times Modern Love column. Send us your best work, the writing you labored over for months and years, revision after revision, the work you hoped would make it into the Times. We’ll showcase four essays at a post-Valentine’s Day reading (date TBA; we’re hoping for semi-virtual, pending the current COVID situation).
Submission Deadline: Monday, January 24, 11:59pm
- Send submissions to email@example.com
- Your submission should be approximately 1,000-1,200 words. We can’t consider anything longer than 1,200 words (and yes, we know this is shorter than Modern Love accepts, so you might have to make some cuts!).
- The live reading time is limited to 7 minutes. Practice before you submit.
- Attach your submission as a Word or PDF file. We can’t accept links to Google docs.
- Include a short bio (100 words maximum) in the body of the email.
- Also attach a headshot in .jpg or .png format.
- Submit your best writing. Only one submission at a time, please
Brought to you by the alumni of GrubStreet’s Memoir & Essay Incubators, and co-sponsored by GrubStreet.
Tell-All Boston is Real Stories Read Live. We are Boston’s only live-on-stage literary reading series dedicated to the art and craft of memoir. Award-winning writers, best-selling authors, and emerging stars share first-person stories that make meaning from lived experience. Our goal is to foster a community of honesty and discovery, through the power of memoir.