Want to share the stage with The Best American Essays 2022 editor Alexander Chee and contributor Aube Rey Lescure? Submit your love story to be considered for inclusion in our February 15th, 2023 Tell-All Boston reading event!
We are looking for nonfiction pieces – essays or memoir writing – (in 1,000 words or less) about love, in any form: romantic love, familial love, fraternal love, self-love, love of nature, love of country, love of animals, love of food, or even, your love of writing.
Whatever love story you choose to tell, send us your most polished memoir or personal essay that takes us on a journey. Show us the world from unique and unexpected perspectives. Tell us how a single encounter changed the course of your life, or how a lifetime of experiences shaped the person you are today. Move us. Be poignant. Be funny. Most of all, be true – to your story and your feelings.
Submit your story to email@example.com by Wednesday, January 18th, 2023. We will accept 3 readers for our February 15th Tell-All Boston event and notify accepted readers shortly after the submission deadline.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Your submission should be approximately 1,000 words. We can’t consider anything longer than 1,000 words.
- The live reading time is limited to 5 minutes. Practice before you submit.
- Submit your best writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, January 18. Only one submission at a time, please.
- Attach your submission as a Word or PDF file. We can’t accept links to Google docs.
- Include a short bio (100 words maximum) in the body of the email. If you would like us to share your social media accounts, please also include your social media handles in your bio.
- Also attach a headshot in .jpg or .png format.
- We will accept 3 readers for our February 15th Tell-All Boston event. We will notify accepted readers shortly after the submission deadline of Wednesday, January 18.
- Questions? For more details on how to submit, please visit the Tell-All Boston FAQ’s page or email email@example.com.
- Stay connected with us! Subscribe to the Tell-All Boston email list and follow us on Facebook Tell-All Boston.
Tell-All Boston is Real Stories Read Live. We are Boston’s only live-on-stage literary reading series dedicated to the art and craft of memoir. Award-winning writers, best-selling authors, and emerging stars share first-person stories that make meaning from lived experience. Our goal is to foster a community of honesty and discovery, through the power of memoir.